C. M. MacNeil shares this from Melody Beattie…
Our most important focus during times of stress is taking care of ourselves. We are better able to cope with the most irregular circumstances; we are better able to be there for others if we’re caring for ourselves. We can ask ourselves regularly: What do we need to do to take care of ourselves? What might help us feel better or more comfortable?
Self-care may not come as easily during times of stress. Self-neglect may feel more comfortable. But taking care of us always works.
Today, I will remember that there is no situation that can’t be benefited by taking care of myself.
- Owning our Power (toddlohenry.com)
- Coping devices (toddlohenry.com)
- Go easy (toddlohenry.com)
- Anger at Family Members? (toddlohenry.com)
- You have the power (toddlohenry.com)